CatSnip spays/neuters/vaccinates several hundred feral cats each year. In order to provide this valuable service, the following guidelines must be followed:
- All feral cats must be admitted in standard feral cat traps.
- ***No cats in carriers will be accepted.***
- This is for the safety of the cats as well as the safety of our staff.
- If you do not have feral cat traps, these can be purchased from www.livetrap.com or can be borrowed, in some cases, from Feral Friends
- Cats should be admitted at 8am.
- Cats should be picked up between 4:00pm and 5:00pm.
- Cats should be held in their trap in a dark quiet safe place overnight and released the following morning. Holding longer than overnight adds undue stress for the cats. Remember, these arenít pets and they donít feel comfortable in a human environment.
All feral cats will be ear tipped during surgery. This is a universal symbol of a sterilized, vaccinated feral cat in a managed colony.
CatSnip is dedicated to providing a solution to feline overpopulation by offering high volume, high quality, affordable feline sterilization services.